Modern manufacturers have developed several new methods to help keep the stove in perfect condition. When choosing household appliances, it is important to know what a catalytic system for cleaning the oven is and how it differs from the pyrolytic one in order to purchase the model that is best suited for use.
Advanced technology does not stand still, forcing stove designers to find new solutions that make it easier to care for the oven. Recently, models have appeared on sale in which you can remove the door. This greatly simplifies the regular cleaning of the oven and makes it possible to process the most inaccessible places.
Many housewives appreciated the oven, equipped with a special trolley, which allows you to easily extend the working surface. If you use this function during the frying process, you can easily check the readiness of the dish. Cleaning is also simplified: the removed panel is washed separately from the stove.
Some ovens are coated with special enamel, which includes oxidation catalysts, which lead to the breakdown of fats when heated.
The pyrolytic cleaning function is considered the most expensive and high-quality, but it is installed only on electric stoves.
With this built-in self-cleaning function, the inside of the oven is covered with dark rough enamel. If you look closely at it, pores filled with a special chemical composition become noticeable.
When fat enters the walls of the oven during cooking, a reaction occurs under the influence of high temperature, and it quickly splits into droplets of water and carbon.
Self-cleaning starts when the oven is heated above 150 degrees. The optimal temperature that promotes rapid cleansing is considered 250 degrees. The catalytic method helps keep the oven clean without the least effort on the part of the hostess. After cooking, she only needs to walk along the inside of the oven with a damp cloth, collecting ashes, which were formed during the decay of fat.
To fully understand what the catalytic cleaning of the oven means, you need to understand that with its help, the walls covered with the composition absorb dirt like blotting paper.
Manufacturers producing such plates do not apply the entire oven to porous enamel. She is situated:
- on the top, back and side wall;
- on the convector blades.
The bottom wall of the special composition is usually not processed. This is due to the fact that sweet syrups and smudges of milk, which often fall down the oven when baking pies, are damaging to porous enamel. Therefore, the lower part of the oven will have to be cleaned with cleaning products. This principle also applies to the door - it will also have to be cleaned independently.
The advantages of the method
Since catalytic purification is a simple chemical reaction, its implementation does not require complex technologies and expensive components. Therefore, such a system stands out among the developments at an affordable price. In addition, it has a number of advantages:
- significantly saves time spent on the care of the stove;
- the oven does not need to be washed after each cooking;
- cleaning occurs during cooking, so it does not require an additional oven to turn on and waste electricity or gas;
- Warranty period of enamel operation is about 5 years.
After the time has passed, the protective coating is erased, and it has to be replaced with a new one. In some models of technology, the walls are treated with catalytic enamel on both sides. In this case, they need to be turned over with a new side. Manipulation can easily be done independently, since the instructions describe in detail the procedure. But if a person is unable to cope with the work, the service center will quickly re-install the walls.
When using catalytic cleaning, it is not necessary to select a special place in the kitchen in order to install the oven. The system works without interruption everywhere and does not heat the stove to such an extent as to damage furniture or other household appliances in the immediate vicinity.
Are there any flaws
Despite the positive reviews received by the new development, it has several negative points. They must be taken into account when making a purchase of equipment.
- If too much fat gets on the porous enamel when frying meat, the system does not always fully cope with its breakdown. Therefore, large contaminated areas can only be cleaned after repeated use of the oven.
- Some elements of technology have to be washed in the old fashion - manually. This applies not only to the door and bottom wall, but also to the baking sheets, grill, grill.
- When the walls of the equipment are not coated on both sides, the purchase of new parts can greatly impact the family budget. Their average cost depends on the brand of the plate and ranges from 2000 to 4000 rubles.
Do not forget that the applied catalytic coating is easy to damage and thereby significantly reduce its service life. When cleaning soot into which fat is converted, do not use cleaning powders, scrapers, brushes. Allowed only clean water, a soft sponge or cloth.
How to choose?
What does catalytic oven cleaning mean? This is a method whose effectiveness is enhanced by regular use of the cabinet. Therefore, it is ideal for those who like to cook and constantly use the oven.
Every modern manufacturer of kitchen appliances has models with a built-in catalytic cleaning function. Its quality does not depend on the cost of the product, since porous enamel is made according to one technology and purchased by manufacturers of plates in a finished form for processing the walls of products.
Electric and gas models of stoves are equipped with catalytic self-cleaning, but when buying, it is worth considering that gas-operated ovens are less practical.
The principle of pyrolytic purification
The secret to the effectiveness of the method is that under the influence of high temperature, any impurities on the walls of the oven burn out, turning into ashes, which are simply cleaned with a rag. In order for the oven to be completely cleaned, it should have a temperature of about 500 degrees.
The pyrolysis function must be specifically included. It does not work automatically. After pressing a special button, the oven doors snap into the lock, and it cannot be opened until the cleaning process is complete and the temperature level inside the cabinet drops to 200 degrees.
During the procedure, a specific burning smell appears, so the developers complete the plates with various filters that neutralize the unpleasant odor.
When buying equipment with this function in the kitchen, you need to install a powerful exhaust hood and connect the stove to the ventilation system through a special hole in the household appliance.
- Pyrolytic cleaning consumes a lot of energy. Its full cycle is two and a half hours, most of which is occupied by heating the walls to the desired temperature and cooling the oven.
- Such cleaning is installed only in expensive models of stoves. For safety reasons, all parts of the device must be made of high-strength materials that are not capable of being damaged by abnormally high temperatures.
- The outer parts of the plates are coated with enamel, which prevents excessive heating of the walls. This is necessary in order to prevent damage to the furniture standing next to it and to reduce to zero the likelihood of a fire.
- Door glass is made of several layers of refractory material and is equipped with a special cooling function.
The advantages of pyrolysis are that such cleaning does not provide for the replacement of the inside walls of the oven, as in the catalytic method. All contaminants, even smudges of sugar syrup or milk, are removed after a single treatment.
The disadvantages include manual cleaning of baking sheets and other removable parts, which are recommended to be removed from the cabinet before turning on the pyrolysis. The main unpleasant moment when buying such plates is the high cost.
After analyzing the various methods of cleaning ovens and figuring out what it is, we can say with confidence that catalytic cleaning is the best budget option, suitable for the daily destruction of contaminants during cooking.